Allah tells us in the Quran about people who will be the losers (with respect to their deeds) on the Day of Judgment. Here are the verses from Surah Kahf about those people.
The Quran Tafsir by Mohsin Khan states that for the acceptance of the righteous deeds it is stipulated that the following two basic conditions must be fulfilled:
- The intentions while doing such deeds must be totally for Allâh’s sake only without any show-off or to gain praise or fame.
- Such a deed must be performed in accordance with the Sunnah of Allâh’s Messenger Muhammad bin ‘Abdullâh , the last of the Prophets and the Messengers.
Narrated Aishah that Allâh’s Messenger said, “If somebody innovates something which is not present in our religion (of Islâmic Monotheism), then that thing will be rejected.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.3, Hadith No.861).
In another Hadith narrated Aishah: The Prophet said: “Whoever performs a (good) deed which we have not ordered (anyone) to do (or is not in accord with our religion of Islâmic Monotheism), then that deed will be rejected and will not be accepted.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.9, Chapter No.20 before Hadith No.449).
Let’s ensure that our efforts are for those deeds that will indeed be accepted by Allah.
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on sleeping before Isha prayers – Sahih Bukhari
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on Sujood and Prostrations in Salat – Sahih Bukhari
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on prohibition of building places of worship on graves
- Surah Al-Maidah (Chapter 5) from Quran – Arabic English Translation