Basic Information and Facts on Surah Al-Qadr
- Surah (Chapter) Number: 97
- Number of Verses: 5
- English Meaning: The Night of Decree
Surah Al-Qadr (The Night of Decree) Arabic and English Translation
1. Verily! We have sent it (this Qur’an) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree)
2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all Decrees,
5. Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.