Basic Facts and Information on Surah Al-Humazah
- Surah (Chapter) Number: 104
- Number of Verses: 9
- English Meaning: “One who slanders and backbites”
- Number of Sajdahs: 0
- Covered in section (Juz): 30
Select Topics Discussed in Surah Al-Humazah
The following are some of the topics that are discussed in Surah Al-Humaza.
- The Surah warns the slanderers and backbiters and those who hoard their wealth.
- They mistakenly believe that their wealth will last forever.
- On the contrary, this belief and trust in their wealth can be distracting and can lead to a severe punishment.
- and many more other topics. (Read the full surah with its original verses below.)
Surah Al-Humazah (The Slanderer) Arabic and English Translation
1. Woe to every slanderer and backbiter.
2. Who has gathered wealth and counted it,
3. He thinks that his wealth will make him last forever!
4. Nay! Verily, he will be thrown into the crushing Fire.
5. And what will make you know what the crushing Fire is?
6. The fire of Allah, kindled,
7. Which leaps up over the hearts,
8. Verily, it shall be closed in on them,
9. In pillars stretched forth (i.e. they will be punished in the Fire with pillars, etc.)
Read Surah Al-Bayyinah
- Surah Al-Humazah (The Slanderer) in Arabic
- English translation of Surah Al-Humazah (The Slanderer)
- English Tafseer of Surah Al-Humazah (The Slanderer)
- Buy Quran with English Translation