Basic Facts and Information on Surah Al-Bayyinah
- Surah (Chapter) Number: 98 – Also know as Surat Lum Yakun
- Number of Verses: 8
- English Meaning: “Clear Evidence / Proof”
- Number of Sajdahs: 0
- Covered in section (Juz): 30
Select Topics Discussed in Surah Al-Bayyinah
The following are some of the topics that are discussed in Surah Al-Bayyinah.
- The surah discusses the coming of the clear evidence of truth revealed by Allah to Prophet Muhammad.
- The verses mention that the People of the Book / Scripture and the Idolaters weren’t going to leave their religions until came to them clear evidence and proof of revelation from Allah.
- The People of the Book / Scripture differed among themselves on the various subjects of truth until came to them the clear revelation from Allah.
- The evidence (in the form of Quran and its verses) is clear and after getting this evidence of truth, people should worship none but Allah as the only Lord, perform prayers (salat) and give charity (zakat).
- Those who believe in the right religion are the best of creatures and will have a reward from Allah.
- and many more other topics. (Read the full surah with its original verses below.)
Surah Al-Bayyinah (The Clear Evidence) Arabic and English Translation
1. Those who disbelieve from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and among Al-Mushrikun,were not going to leave (their disbelief) until there came to them clear evidence.
2. A Messenger (Muhammad) from Allah, reciting (the Qur’an) purified pages [purified from Al-Batil (falsehood, etc.)].
3. Containing correct and straight laws from Allah.
4. And the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) differed not until after there came to them clear evidence. (i.e. Prophet Muhammad and whatever was revealed to him).
5. And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat: and that is the right religion.
6. Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur’an and Prophet Muhammad from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikunwill abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
7. Verily, those who believe [in the Oneness of Allah, and in His Messenger Muhammad including all obligations ordered by Islam] and do righteous good deeds, they are the best of creatures.
8. Their reward with their Lord is ‘Adn (Eden) Paradise (Gardens of Eternity), underneath which rivers flow, they will abide therein forever, Allah Well-Pleased with them, and they with Him. That is for him who fears his Lord.
Read Surah Al-Bayyinah
- Surah Al-Bayyinah in Arabic (Mushaf)
- Surah Al-Bayyinah (The Clear Evidence) in English
- Tafseer of English Tafseer of Surah Al-Bayyinah (The Clear Evidence)
- Buy Quran with English Translation