Allah tells us in the Quran about people who will be the losers (with respect to their deeds) on the Day of Judgment. Here are the verses from Surah Kahf about those people.
The Quran Tafsir by Mohsin Khan states that for the acceptance of the righteous deeds it is stipulated that the following two basic conditions must be fulfilled:
- The intentions while doing such deeds must be totally for Allâh’s sake only without any show-off or to gain praise or fame.
- Such a deed must be performed in accordance with the Sunnah of Allâh’s Messenger Muhammad bin ‘Abdullâh , the last of the Prophets and the Messengers.
Narrated Aishah that Allâh’s Messenger said, “If somebody innovates something which is not present in our religion (of Islâmic Monotheism), then that thing will be rejected.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.3, Hadith No.861).
In another Hadith narrated Aishah: The Prophet said: “Whoever performs a (good) deed which we have not ordered (anyone) to do (or is not in accord with our religion of Islâmic Monotheism), then that deed will be rejected and will not be accepted.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.9, Chapter No.20 before Hadith No.449).
Let’s ensure that our efforts are for those deeds that will indeed be accepted by Allah.
If you are not on IqraSense.com’s Email list to receive regular updates, please click here to signup.
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on sleeping before Isha prayers – Sahih Bukhari
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on Sujood and Prostrations in Salat – Sahih Bukhari
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on prohibition of building places of worship on graves
- Surah Al-Maidah (Chapter 5) from Quran – Arabic English Translation
jazaakAllah kheir for sharing this, very important. what i fear so much in this era we live in today, is innovation. we have drifted so far away from the Quran and sunnah, that we can hardly tell whats an innovated deed from a sunnah deed. so we need to truly come back to the sunnah no matter how hard or “unfashionable” it may seem. may Allah protect us from hypocrisy and innovations, aameen
JazakAllah Khair for drawing our attention to an important requirement of true Faith. May Allah Help us to keep our intentions pure. Let us constantly remember Allah (SWT) even when busy in doing some good for someone. We need to purify our hearts of the desire to please others or get praised by people for our deeds. With eyes set on the Sunnah and paying heed to the Ahadith of our Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam), let us train our hearts to wish only for Allah’s Favor – Aameen.
Jazakum llah khairan, for this important notification. May Allah (SWT) guide us all aright.