This verse is about how all matters are already inscribed in Al-Lauh Al-Mahfuz (Book of Decrees) and the advice of the prophet how to get out of calamities and about the Book of Decrees.
“No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-mahfuz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah.” (Quran, Surah Hadeed: 22)
The prophet (S.A.W.S.) said:
Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas, Once I was behind the Prophet and he said: “O boy, I will teach you a few words:
- Be loyal and obedient to Allâh [worship Him (Alone)], remember Him always, obey His Orders. He will save you from every evil and will take care of you in all the spheres of life.
- Be loyal and obedient to Allâh, you will find Him near (in front of you) i.e. He will respond to your requests.
- If you ask, ask Allâh.
- If you seek help, seek help from Allah.
- Know that if all the people get together in order to benefit you with something, they will not be able to benefit you in anything except what Allâh has decreed for you. And if they all get together in order to harm you with something, they will not be able to harm you in anything except what Allâh has decreed for you.
- The pens have stopped writings [Divine (Allâh’s) Preordainments]. And (the ink over) the papers (Book of Decrees) has dried.”
[This Hadith is quoted in Sahih At-Tirmidhi].
Source: Quran Tafsir by Mohsin Khan of Surah Al-Hadid
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on Allah will shade seven types of people on the Day of Judgement
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on Cleaning mouth with Siwak (Miswak) – Hadith
- Hadith and Prophet’s Saying on hearing the Adhan – Sahih Bukhari
- Read Surah Al-Baqarah (Chapter 2) from Quran – Arabic English Translation