The following are select DUAs from the Quran.
Source: Surah Fateha (1 – 7)
7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (i.e. those who knew the Truth, but did not follow it) nor of those who went astray (i.e. those who did not follow the Truth out of ignorance and error).
Source: Surah Al-baqarah (201)
201. "Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!"
Source: Surah Al-Imran (8)
8. (They say): "Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower."
Source: Surah Al-Imran (9)
9. "Our Lord! Verily, it is You Who will gather mankind together on the Day about which there is no doubt. Verily, Allah never breaks His Promise".
Source: Surah Al-Imran (16)
16. Those who say: "Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire."
Source: Surah Al-Imran (53)
53. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger [(‘Îsa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. La ilaha illallah – none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).
Source: Surah Al-Imran (191-194)
191. Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.
192. "Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him; and never will the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers.
193. "Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad (S)) calling to Faith: ‘Believe in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism).
194. "Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise."
Source: Surah Al-Ma’idah (83)
83. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses."
Source: Surah Al-A’raaf (23)
23. They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."
Source: Surah Al-A’raaf (47)
47. They will say: "Our Lord! Place us not with the people who are Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)."
Source: Surah Al-A’raaf (89)
89. Our Lord! Judge between us and our people in truth, for You are the Best of those who give judgment."
Source: Surah Al-A’raaf (126)
126. "Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims."
Source: Surah Ibraheem(38)
38. "O our Lord! Certainly, You know what we conceal and what we reveal. Nothing on the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allah.
Source: Surah Ibraheem(41)
41. "Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established."
Source: Surah Al-Kahf(10)
10. "Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way!"
Source: Surah Al-Furqan(65)
65. "Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment."
Source: Surah Al-Furqan(74)
74. "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of the Muttaqun."
Source: Surah Ghafir(7)
7. "Our Lord! You comprehend all things in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who repent and follow Your Way, and save them from the torment of the blazing Fire!
Source: Surah Al-Hashr (10)
10. "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful.
Source: Surah Al-Mumtahanah (4)
4. "Our Lord! In You (Alone) we put our trust, and to You (Alone) we turn in repentance, and to You (Alone) is (our) final Return."
Source: Surah At-Tahreem (8)
8. "Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirat (a slippery bridge over the Hell) safely] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things."
Source: Surah Al-Imran (38)
38. "O my Lord! Grant me from You, a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation."
Source: Surah Huud (47)
47. "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers."
Source: Surah Ibraheem (35)
35. "O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols. "
Source: Surah Ibraheem (40)
40. "O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat ), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.
Source: Surah Taha (25-26)
25. "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).
26. "And ease my task for me;
Source: Surah Al-Anbiyaa (89)
89. "O My Lord! Leave me not single (childless), though You are the Best of the inheritors."
Source: Surah Al-Anbiyaa (112)
112. "My Lord! Judge You in truth! Our Lord is the Most Gracious, Whose Help is to be sought against that which you attribute (unto Allah that He has offspring, and unto Muhammad (S) that he is a sorcerer, and unto the Qur’an that it is poetry)!"
Source: Surah Al-Mu’minun (29)
29. "My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing-place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land."
Source: Surah Al-Mu’minun (94)
94. "My Lord! Then (save me from Your punishment), put me not amongst the people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)."
Source: Surah Ash-Shu’araa (83-85)
83. My Lord! Bestow Hukm (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous.
84. And grant me an honourable mention in later generations.
85. And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight.
Source: Surah Ash-Shu’araa (87-89)
87. And disgrace me not on the Day when (all the creatures) will be resurrected.
88. The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail,
89. Except him who brings to Allah a clean heart [clean from Shirk (polytheism) and Nifaq (hypocrisy)]."
Source: Surah An-Naml (19)
"My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."
Source: Surah Al-Qasas (16)
16. "My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, so forgive me."
Source: Surah Al-Qasas (17)
17. "My Lord! For that with which You have favoured me, I will never more be a helper of the Mujrimun (criminals, sinners, etc.)!"
Source: Surah Al-Qasas (21)
21. "My Lord! Save me from the people who are Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)!"
Source: Surah Al-Qasas (24)
24. "My Lord! truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me!"
Source: Surah Al-Ankabut (30)
30. "My Lord! Give me victory over the people who are Mufsidun (those who commit great crimes and sins, oppressors, tyrants, mischief-makers, corrupters).
Source: Surah As-Saaffat (100)
100. "My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous."
Source: Surah Al-Ahqaaf (15)
15."My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my offspring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."
Source: Surah At-Tahreem(11)
11."My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise."
Source: Surah Noah(28)
28. "My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and him who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women. And to the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.) grant You no increase but destruction!"
Source: Surah Al-Imran(26-27)
26. "O Allah! Possessor of the kingdom, You give the kingdom to whom You will, and You take the kingdom from whom You will, and You endue with honour whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your Hand is the good. Verily, You are Able to do all things.
27. You make the night to enter into the day, and You make the day to enter into the night (i.e. increase and decrease in the hours of the night and the day during winter and summer), You bring the living out of the dead, and You bring the dead out of the living. And You give wealth and sustenance to whom You will, without limit (measure or account).
Source: Surah Al-Imran(73-74)
73. "All the bounty is in the Hand of Allah; He grants to whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower."
74. He selects for His Mercy (Islam and the Qur’an with Prophethood) whom He wills and Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.
Source: Surah Ta-Ha(114)
114. "My Lord! Increase me in knowledge."
Source: Surah Al-Mu’minun(97-98)
97. "My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shayatin (devils).
98. "And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they should come near me."
Source: Surah Al-Mu’minun(118)
118. "My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!"
Source: Surah Al-Ikhlaas
1. Say (O Muhammad (S)): "He is Allah, (the) One.
2. "Allah-us-Samad [Allah the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)].
3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten.
4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
Source: Surah Al-Falaq
1. Say: "I seek refuge with (Allah), the Lord of the daybreak,
2. "From the evil of what He has created,
3. "And from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness; (or the moon as it sets or goes away),
4. "And from the evil of those who practise witchcraft when they blow in the knots,
5. "And from the evil of the envier when he envies."
Source: Surah An-Naas
1. Say: "I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind,
2. "The King of mankind –
3. "The Ilah (God) of mankind,
4. "From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one’s heart after one remembers Allah).
5. "Who whispers in the breasts of mankind
6. "Of jinn and men."
Source: Surah Al-Baqarah(127)
127. "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."
Source: Surah Yunus(10)
10. Their way of request therein will be Subhanaka Allahumma (Glory to You, O Allah!) and Salam (peace, safety from evil) will be their greetings therein (Paradise)! and the close of their request will be: Al-Hamdu Lillahi Rabb-il-‘Alamin [All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists)].
|If you are not on IqraSense.com’s Email list to receive regular updates, please click here to signup. Else, click on the share buttons below to share with others.|