In Sura Ar-Ra’ad Allah Tells us:
8. Allah knows what every female bears, and by how much the wombs fall short (of their time or number) or exceed. Everything with Him is in (due) proportion.)
9. All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, the Most Great, the Most High.)
10. It is the same (to Him) whether any of you conceals his speech or declares it openly, whether he be hid by night or goes forth freely by day.
Quran (Surah Ar-Raad, Verses 8 – 10)
Reflections on these verses:
- Allah affirms His perfect knowledge, from which nothing is hidden.
- He has complete knowledge of whatever every female creature is carrying – whether male or female, fair or ugly, miserable or happy, whether it will have a long or a short life.
- Allah remains fully aware of all the developments that take place in the child while in its mother’s womb, and He watches over the decrease or increase in each of its limbs, and its potentialities, capabilities and powers.
- Everything with Him is in proportion “for a term appointed.”
- Allah has the records of the provisions and terms of His creation and made an appointed term for everything.
- He is the One and the Only Lord for all the universe, its Creator, Owner, Organizer, Provider, Master, Planner, Sustainer, Cherisher, and Giver of security.
- Allah declares that His knowledge is encompassing all of His creation.
- Nothing ever escapes His observation – even if people wish to hide something from Him.
In the two Sahihs it is recorded that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said that the Messenger of Allah said:
“The matter of the creation of one of you is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period. Then Allah sends an angel who is ordered to write four things. He is ordered to write down his provisions, his life span, his deeds, and whether he will be blessed or wretched.”)
Al-Bukhari recorded that `Abdullah bin `Umar said that the Messenger of Allah said,
“The Keys of the Ghayb (unseen knowledge) are five, nobody knows them but Allah. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow except Allah; nobody knows what is in the womb except Allah; nobody knows when it will rain except Allah; no soul knows at what place he will die except Allah; and nobody knows when the (Final) Hour will begin except Allah.”
References: (Tafsir Ibn Kathir and Tafhim al- Qur’an by Sayyid Abul Ala Moududi)
|If you are not on IqraSense.com’s Email list to receive regular updates, please click here to signup. Else, click on the share buttons below to share this knowledge on Islam with others.|